Friday, April 17

handwriting

I am completely appalled at how bad my handwriting is, when the scarce opportunity comes along to have to use it. Anything beyond my signature (nearly unreadable in itself) just looks completely horrible. My hand seems to have memories of what it should be doing, but the result is not even to the level of my previous chicken scratch. This is part of the insidious Evil Plan for computers to take over the world, of course (if they would even want it these days). First we lost our math skills due to cheap calculators, now we will lose the ability to communicate without keyboards. When we get voice response will we lose our fingers? Must practice my handwriting and break out the sliderule and practice my survival skills. One never knows when it might be necessary to indulge in calculus for self-defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment